A healthy version to a cheeky favourite! Give it a go, let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup Organic Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Organic Cacao Powder
- 1/2 tsp Bi-Carb Soda
- Pinch of ﬁne Himalayan Rock Salt
- 3 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, solid
- 1 tbsp Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp Organic Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp organic plant-based milk of choice OR 2 tbsp brewed coffee, cooled (for a “mocha” brownie)
Preheat fan-forced oven to 165°C. Line and lightly grease a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper and set aside. Combine coconut ﬂour, cacao powder, bi-carb soda and salt in a large bowl. Cream together coconut oil and coconut sugar in a small bowl until combined and smooth (you can use a spatula or an electric beater). Mix in the brown rice syrup and vanilla extract. Add the lightly whisked eggs to the ﬂour mixture and stir through. Then add the coconut oil mixture to the ﬂour mixture, fold through and combine well. Do not over mix. Add the milk 1 tablespoon at a time and slowly incorporate. Pour brownie mix into the prepared baking tin and spread it evenly. Bake for 15-17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until ﬁrm to the touch. Remove from oven and let cool before slicing.