Keep healthy with this tasty salad, great as a side or a meal of its own.
- 1 cauliflower head and stalk
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon MasterFoods® Ground Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 400g (2 cups) cooked lentils
- 12 soft or dried dates, pitted
- 75g (1/2 cup) almonds, toasted
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 100g (2 cups) mache or baby spinach
Preheat the oven to 225C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Cut the cauliflower into small florets and trim and roughly chop the stalk. Place in a bowl. Drizzle the oil and sprinkle the spices over the cauliflower, season and toss until well coated. Spread on the tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender and golden. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. For the dressing, place all the ingredients in a serving bowl, season to taste and whisk to combine. Add the lentils and toss until well coated. Thinly slice the dates on the diagonal and roughly chop the almonds. Add half to the bowl along with the cauliflower, onion and mache or spinach. Toss to combine. Scatter over the remaining dates and almonds.