The beauty of noodle recipes are that if you have additional veggies you can include them in the frying plan!
- 200g dried rice stick noodles
- 2 cups chopped cooked skinless chicken breast
- 1 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- 200g snow peas, cut into thin strips
- 5 green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, to garnish
Prepare noodles as directed on packet. Drain, rinse under cold water then drain again and chop roughly with kitchen scissors. Combine noodles, chicken, capsicum, snow peas, shallots and coriander. To make dressing, whisk together lime juice, sweet chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil. Add dressing to noodle salad and toss gently to mix well. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Tip: To toast sesame seeds, stir over heat in a small ungreased frypan until light golden. Be careful not to burn them.
Written by Healthy Kids at www.healthykids.nsw.gov.au