If you love pasta, but are worried about the carbs and kilojoules, this recipe is for you! We have replaced half the pasta with zoodles (zucchini noodles) and made a deliciously creamy pesto sauce that has all the flavour without the fat!
- 40g dry wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 large zucchini, spiralised into noodles
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp. extra light cream cheese
- 1 tsp. basil pesto
- Pepper, to serve
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid before draining.
- Meanwhile, sauté tomatoes in the oil and garlic. Add the zucchini noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the spaghetti, cream cheese and pesto and stir to combine. If needed, use small amounts of reserved cooking liquid to help the sauce combine.
- Serve topped with cracked pepper.
Recipe by Shannon Lavery, Betterfoodnetwork.com.au